Martin Street Youth Center
- Basketball Court
- Billiard Tables
- Kuk Sool Won
- Meeting Rooms
- Table Tennis
* Feeding Program will take a break May 30, 2022 - June 3, 2022.*
SUMMER (JUNE 6-AUGUST 5, 2022): Grab-N-Go Meals will be served for youth ages walking to 18, Monday-Friday for lunch only. Allergy forms MUST be turned in by JUNE 13, 2022. Forms to be filled out & signed at Martin Street Youth Center.
A multipurpose building constructed in 1969-70 and is 5,250 square feet multipurpose building operated by the Parks and Recreation Department. The facility is open for youth ages 8-15, and there is no fee for youth to participate in the programs and services held at the center. An equipment card must be completed by a parent or guardian. Effective January 2004 the build is officially designated as a Youth Center.
- Lobby Area: Offers a wide variety of games including: pool tables, ping pong tables, foosball, PS2, and much more.
- Lobby Area and Meeting Rooms are available for rent for birthday parties, baby showers, receptions, dinners, and much more.
Available during regular scheduled operating hours and is based on a four hour time limit.
- Commercial (Tupperware, Mary Kay, etc.): $75
- Noncommercial (Wedding/baby showers, birthday parties, etc.): $50
Available after business hours.
- Dinners, Family Reunions, Banquets , etc.: $150 for deposit & $150 for rental
- Dances or Teen Parties (Must be familiar with guidelines. Security will be required.): $250 for deposit & $250 for rental
|Monday - Thursday||2:30 p.m. - 6 p.m.||9 a.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Friday||2:30 p.m. - 5 p.m.||9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Saturday||11 a.m. - 4 p.m.||11 a.m. - 4 p.m.|
School Year: Monday - Friday the Rec is open at 9 a.m. when school is out.
Summer:When school is out, the lobby will open at 10 a.m.
For Holiday Hours go to:
Youth Event Guide
All events scheduled at the Martin Street Recreation Center that will be attended primarily by youth ages 13-21 are required to adhere and agree to the following policies:
- An adult at least age 21 or older with a valid Arkansas driver’s license must make the reservation. This person also accepts responsibility and liability for the event.
- There must be at least one adult, with a Driver's License, for every ten participants. A list of sponsors for these events will be required with name and phone number before the event takes place.
- The Jacksonville Police Department will be notified of all events.
- At least three local off duty police officers must be hired for security. Rate of pay is determined by JPD. Officers must be present for the entire time of the event. This must be paid in cash in advance. The individual making the reservation is responsible for scheduling the officers. Only JPD officers allowed (501-982-3191).
- The event must be paid in full in advance according to arrangements made at time of booking. Security/Damage fee must also be paid one week prior to the day of the event.
These policies are in addition to regular User Guidelines and Policies. All guidelines are in place to assure a successful event for both your party and this department.
Martial Arts Class - Kuk Sool Won
These classes are held at the Martin Street Youth Center. Class times are:
- Monday through Thursday:
- Beginners: 4:45 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Advanced: 5:40 p.m. - 6:25 p.m.
- Adults: 6:35 p.m. - 7:35 p.m.
- Saturdays from 10 a.m. - Noon
For more information, Call MSYC (501) 982-0818