Community Development Block Grant
The Community Development Department was created by the Mayor and City Council to use its resources to develop and implement a comprehensive plan for both the economic and residential communities of Jacksonville.
In addition to providing a quality staff and programs to help build the city's future, the department generates community support through volunteers, community groups, and neighborhood associations. The Community Development Block Grant is here to help foster economic and community growth through job creation, business development and neighborhood revitalization.
Who Qualifies for Help
The department is primarily funded by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
Individuals age 62 or older.
Individuals legally (state or federal) documented as disabled. Must have proof of claim.
Very Low to Moderate Income Household
Anyone who falls under the Housing and Urban Development's low to moderate income level standards. Guidelines are updated yearly. Please call for guidelines or find them at Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
- 2016-2020 Consolidated Plan for Housing and Community Development and 2016 Action Plan (PDF)
- 2017 Annual Action Plan draft (PDF)
- 2017 Caper Draft (PDF)
- 2018 Action Plan (PDF)
- 2018 Caper(PDF)
- 2019 Caper Draft.pdf
- 2019 Annual Action Plan Draft PDF
- Jacksonville Analysis of Impediments for Fair Housing Choice (PDF)
- public hearing for 2017 grant funds (PDF)
- 2020 Annual Action Plan draft (PDF)
- Citizen Participation Plan 2020 (PDF)
- Substantial Amendment to the FY2016 (PDF)
- citizen_participation_revised April 2020 (PDF)
- NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC for Amendment to 2016-2020 CP (PDF)
- NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC for Amendment to 2020 CP October 2020 PDF
- Substantial Amendment to the FY2020 PDF